Outback South Australia
Coward Springs Campground
• on the Oodnadatta Track between Marree & William Creek •
Sheltered low-key camping
Natural and cultural heritage area
- Toilets built from Ghan railway sleepers
- Hot showers
- Each site has its own fireplace - please bring your own firewood.
- Peaceful - no generators after 5pm or in the morning
Coward Springs Railway Site is listed on the State Heritage Register.
Coward Springs bore-fed wetland is under a Heritage Agreement.
- Heritage walk
- Museum (the restored 'Engine Drivers Cabin') - displays, local stories and artwork
- Soak and revitalise in the 'natural' spa.
$12.50 per person, children (3-15) half-price
Day visitor entrance fee - $2 per person
Bookings only taken for large or tour groups (paid in advance).
Desert Camel Treks
Operating from Coward Springs
Camels for sale - riding, pack and wagon
- 7 day safaris in June and July
- $1650 per person (including GST).